Two Year Limited Warranty
Hobie warrants that this boat is free from defects in materials and workmanship to retail customers in their approved regions.
1.Your rights under the Australian Consumer Law
Our goods come with guarantees that cannot be excluded under the Australian Consumer Law. You are entitled to a replacement or refund for a major failure and compensation for any other reasonably foreseeable loss or damage. You are also entitled to have the goods repaired or replaced if the goods fail to be of acceptable quality and the failure does not amount to a major failure.
2. Warranty Terms
- 2.1 Hobie warrants that this boat will be free from defects in materials and workmanship for two (2) years after your date of purchase.
- 2.2 This warranty provides coverage on hull and replacement parts or repairs.
- 2.3 You will not be entitled to this warranty if the defects appear any time after two (2) years from your date of purchase.
Who is entitled to claim the warranty?
- 2.4 You will be entitled to make a claim under the terms of this warranty if you have purchased your boat from Hobie or an authorised Hobie dealer.
What will we do under the warranty?
- 2.5 If upon inspection of your boat by Hobie or a service agent;
- 2.5.1 it is found that your boat has a defect; and
- 2.5.2 the defect is within the relevant warranty period;
- Hobie will either repair or replace your boat.
What must you do to be entitled to the warranty?
- 2.6 Within 30 days of discovering the defect, you must:
- 2.6.1 take your boat, along with your proof of purchase, to the authorised Hobie dealer from whom you purchased your boat; or
- 2.6.2 if you have moved or are traveling, you must take your boat, along with your proof of purchase, to the nearest authorised Hobie dealer.
- 2.7 You can locate your nearest authorised Hobie Dealer by visiting our website www.hobiecat.com.au
- 2.8 Once your claim has been assessed, you will receive a confirmation letter or email from your Hobie dealer as to whether your claim has been successful.
Who will bear the expense of claiming the warranty?
- 2.9 You will be responsible and bear all expenses incurred in claiming the warranty.
- 2.10 If Hobie accepts your claim, Hobie will bear the expense of repairing or replacing your boat. You will be responsible for all transportation and insurance costs to and from the Hobie dealer. Hobie will not accept any responsibility for boats lost, mislaid or damaged while in transit.
What is not covered under this warranty?
- 2.11 This warranty does not cover:
- 2.11.1 normal wear and discoloration;
- 2.11.2 damage caused by abuse or failure to perform normal maintenance;
- 2.11.3 damage caused by hitting submerged objects or beaching without retracting MirageDrive® and rudder;
- 2.11.4 damage to or blistering of gel coat (Hobie Sailboats) caused by mooring or storing the boat in water;
- 2.11.5 damage caused by improperly supporting boat when transporting or storing;
- 2.11.6 weather related damage, including but not limited to freezing, prolonged sun exposure, or high winds;
- 2.11.7 damage caused by alterations or modifications;
- 2.11.8 transportation of boat or parts to Hobie or its dealers;
- 2.11.9 any boat used for rental or in commercial service of any kind;
- 2.11.10 for Hobie Sailboats, damage caused by modifying the mainsheet block arrangement beyond what was supplied as standard (contact Hobie for more information);
- 2.11.11 damage caused by failure to follow procedures in sailing and assembly manuals; and
- 2.11.12 any other consequential damage, incidental damage or incidental expense, including damage to property (some states do not allow the exclusion or limitation of incidental or consequential damages, so this limitation may not apply to you).
3. Details about the company who is giving this warranty
Hobie Cat Australasia 11 Erina Road Huskisson NSW 2540 Australia +61 (2) 4441 8400 www.hobiecat.com.au
Hobie Cat Company 4925 Oceanside Blvd. Oceanside, CA 92056-3099, USA +1 (760) 758 9100 www.hobiecat.com
Hobie Kayak Europe Delta Industrieweg 40 3251 LX Stellendam The Netherlands +31 (0)187 499 440 www.hobie-kayak.com
In this warranty, unless otherwise indicated these terms mean:
- Hobie: Hobie Cat Company – USA; Hobie Cat Australasia Pty Ltd (ACN 095 150 413) and Hobie Kayak Europe
- date of purchase: the date of first purchase of a boat from Hobie or authorised Hobie dealer and stated on the proof of purchase;
- proof of purchase: a sales receipt or registration card;
- you: the end user of the boat;
- boat: a Hobie kayak or Hobie fishing boat or Hobie Sailboat/Catamaran;
- authorised Hobie dealer: a dealer authorised by Hobie to sell Hobie products; and
- service agent: a person or company authorised by Hobie to provide warranty service on the boat.